Friday, August 23, 2013

Top Ten Under $10 - Drugstore Makeup Deals

Top Ten Under $10


A leave in conditioner/detangler and dry shampoo. These are the two I'm currently using. I don't have a particular favorite brand, however I think the drugstore brands do a great job overall and they're staples in my day-to-day life. 

Leave in Conditioner - With naturally curly, dry, color treated hair this helps prevent breakage and helps keep my hair moisturized.

Dry Shampoo - I doubt I need to sing its praises to anyone, but it's perfect to freshen up hair and add volume.


Rimmel Match Pefection Concealer fair/light
Kate Moss for Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick 101
Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eye Liner in 004 Taupe 
 Full review and swatches for these Rimmel products here!

Concealer - I have tried a fair amount of concealers and this one is great. Inexpensive, light-weight but full coverage, doubles as a highlighter. 

Lipstick - A high end lipstick masquerading in the drugstore. Love it.

Eyeliner - Both high-end and drugstore brands make oodles of great eye liners. For the drugstore this line of eye liners is fantastic! There are a ton of excellent eye liners at the drugstore though, and what sets this one apart it the shade. How often does a drugstore produce a quality shade like this? Not very often in my experience. Fifty perfectly fine black eyeliners, but very few nude or taupe shades. And Rimmel does both for under $4!!


Maybelline the Falsies Flared Mascara
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige (LE - Barely Branded is similar)
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner in Express 

Mascara - Another product that the drugstore has tons of offerings to choose from and many excellent ones. I love this one for the crazy big lashes (makes my eyes look freaky big) it gives me, the inexpensive price tag and the fact it doesn't damage my lashes.

Eye Shadow - How I doth love thee. Let me count the ways - but quickly, cause Shakespeare I ain't. The colors are amazing, the pigmentation is crazy, they last forever on your lids, they make great primers/bases for other eye shadows. 

Eye Liner - Long wearing, doesn't dry up (I've had mine for well over a year), easy to work with, great color and pigmentation.


Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart 
L'Oreal Caresse Wet Shine Stain
Zoya Nail Polish in Maura

Lip Stick - Creamy, pigmented without ever getting into clown territory, doesn't wear off in the blink of an eye, great color range.

Lip Stain - Long wearing shine and color, not too difficult to work with, cute packaging. Not the best color range - limited and pretty basic, they lack the color complexity of the YSL lip stains, but for the price and what it does do, I'm a fan.

Nail Polish - I've tried high-end (Chanel, Butter London, etc) to the low (NYC, Sally Hansen, etc) and this is hands down my favorite nail polish. Long wearing, chip resistant, huge selection of colors, $8, shiny without a top coat, opaque in one coat. 

What are some of your favorite beauty items under $10? Let me know in the comments! I love to try out new things from the drugstores!

Best wishes,

Elisabeth 




No comments:

Post a Comment