I recently picked up a brand new box of Sally Hasen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips in the pattern Stud-io Time. I'd seen them in stores and figured A: they'd be a bit*h to apply and B: way, WAY too expensive.
When I found them for $2 dollars (yes you read that right ladies and gentleman!) brand new, I was utterly prepared to do back-flips in the store in excitement over getting to try them for less. What can I say? I'm a cheapskate.
The following is an account of my experience with them ;)
- I have small hands & when they're not grown out (as seen here) child sized finger nails, even grown out quite long though, I was able to use one strip on two finger nails. These suckers are pricy! I'm making them last as long as possible.
- When you don't have enough strips left for a full manicure: accent nail!
- I used both a base & a top coat which worked really well. My manicure lasted almost a full week with zero chips and when it did chip I could have patched it. Quite frankly these things can last longer than my interest in one nail color for a period of time. I think with pampering/repair I could have made these last a week and a half to two weeks.
- Take your time! I was a little hasty on one or two nails & actually pulled part of the strip off my nail.
- After you apply the strip, buff it flush with your nail like crazy and run either the orange stick or your own finger nail around the edge of your nail bed to make a super neat edge.