Thursday, August 1, 2013

One Brand Review: Rimmel

Hey Everyone, today's 'One Brand Review' is on Rimmel London. I don't own a lot of their products and I just started buying from them this Spring. Even as a newbie to their company - I love every single product I have. I have not been disappointed yet. That is 100% my own opinion. Trust me, this blog doesn't get enough hits to interest any company enough to pay me! Which keeps me honest right? :) 

The products:


In the interest of full disclosure: I don't wear foundation. I did embrace my photo editing touch up feature to cover up a couple of bumps. And I messed around with focal blur for fun. Now some of these pictures look like something out of a bad 80's magazine. *Sigh* Still learning.
Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipsticks in 101 and 105. Price: Around $5.

101: Is a creamy matte, soft pink nude. While matte, it does not feel drying at all. If anything it almost feels a little greasy and gritty, but I can live with that. It doesn't dry my lips out, smells like candy, is a beautiful color and even the packaging is adorable. *FYI: This color has been lauded as a MAC dupe for several different MAC lipsticks.

105: Is a matte, rose brown. It is a gorgeous shade that I think is very sexy and works really well as a throwback shade. It reminds me of Bridgette Bardot circa 1970's. Very easy to wear and makes teeth look whiter. Also smells like candy!

Lasting Finish by Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipsticks 

10: Is an intense cherry red. Very pin-up girl. I tend to pat it on to sheer it out and put a glossier red on top, but if you want vintage pin-up, this is it! Microscopic red glitter, but it does not show up on the lip. Again, makes your teeth whiter and smells like cherry candy. Yum!

17: Is a softer, 'my lips, but better' pink with a brown undertone. This shade has more glitter than the others, but still has that distinctive candy scent. Can you tell I like that feature?





Rimmel Stay Glossy Lipgloss



050 Unlimited Gold: This is a smooth, glossy golden beige color that you can sheer out as a topcoat to another lip color or build up for a golden gleam. I like it to create a glossy, shimmery beige nude lip or as a topcoat to make my lips look fuller. Smells like makeup.

Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal




001 Black: The name has it all. Jet black, creamy and long-wearing. Oh and inexpensive. Put down the high-end pencils ladies and try this one out! I highly recommend it. And if you don't like, please don't hurt me! It didn't cost that much! :)

004 Taupe: How did I live without this? Overly dramatic question perhaps, but seriously! I use it all the time and for everything. It's creamy, glitter-free taupe that's perfect to use as a eyeliner (mostly along my lower lash line for subtle definition) as an eyebrow pencil and in a pinch, eye shadow.

007 Turquoise: A shimmering blue. Great for a pop of color. An inexpensive alternative to Urban Decay or MAC bright eye liners.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara: A great mascara for a flirty, doll-like effect with long, defined lashes. It won't build your lashes up into caterpillars, but it will give you prettier looking lashes.

I see you.


Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer: It's amazing. Full review here 

Overall I think Rimmel does a great job of producing high quality products that perform very well, at really inexpensive prices! What do you think of the brand? Do you have a favorite product from them? Let me know in the comments! :) I'd love to try out some other things from them. 

Best wishes,

Elisabeth 

No comments:

Post a Comment