Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekly Beauty Bests

Weekly Beauty Bests

Summer is here (finally) so I've been working on keeping my makeup routine simple. About every day of June has had me wearing a "blogger bun" -  a massive contraption of hair piled precariously atop my head and some version of light eye, flirty lashes, glowy skin and bright, juicy lips. Not exactly an original look but pretty. 

I've been obsessed with the Stila 'The Natural  palette I got from Ulta recently and I've been using it daily for both day-time and evening looks. I will have a full review of it and the other products I mention up here soon. I'd love to do a quick tutorial on the look I've been wearing too - keep your eyes open! :)

What look/products have you been using and wearing??




The Shadows:
For the day, I've been taking Pure from the Stila Natural Palette and putting it all over my lid, Linen through the crease and Innocent in my outer third. I follow with my Pixi champagne shadow in my inner corner as a highlight. 

Stila The Natural - Eye shadow palette. Exclusively at Ulta



Don't let the melding with my skin tone fool you - they are gorgeous on the eye and pigmented without being overwhelming. 
Pixi Fairy Light Solo in No.2 Champagne Glow 
The Face:
I don't wear foundation so after I moisturize I apply Kat Von D's Tattoo Concealer on my blemishes and take Rimmel's Perfect Match Concealer to the dark circles under my eyes and in any areas I wish to highlight. It's an inexpensive version of YSL Touche Eclat.  

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer and highlighter.  Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer in Light
The Coloring:
I'm pale. And it's not attractive on me. I have warm undertones and when I go pale I look like a Tim Burton movie extra (which I could totally live with honestly) but to keep from being confused with Beetlejuice I use Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer and Blush to prevent ghostly comparisons. 


Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Ave Princess and Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface.



 The Lashes:

My two favorite drugstore mascaras. For a more dramatic look I go with the Falsies, for a flirty day-time look Rimmel Lash Accelerator. 


Maybelline the Flasies Flared and Rimmel Lash Accelerator
The Liners:
My new all-time favorite eye liners - high end or drugstore. I tightline my upper lash line with the black or smudge it into my lashes for soft all-day definition. I use the turquoise on my lower lash line for a fun pop of color. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal eyeliners in 001 Black and 007 Turquoise
The Lips:
I have a lot of bright lip products I rotate. This weeks crop: Glisten Up Pink is a beautiful berry-pink with silver shimmer and over a lip balm gives the softest, prettiest shiny look.
Coral Tattoo is a great long-lasting, bright and juicy lip color. Orange Attitude and Pink Possibilities are fantastic when you're running out the door and want some color without having to think about it. I layer them over lip balm and they're soft, shiny, water-color brights.

Left to right: Maybelline lipstick in Glisten Up Pink, L'Oreal Colour Riche Color Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Coral Tattoo and Maybelline Color Whisper in Orange Attitude and Pink Possibilities.

The Tools:








No comments:

Post a Comment