Friday, June 28, 2013

Sally Hasen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips: Stripe-Tease

Hello lovelies! I hope you're having a great day! I did my nails last night with the Sally Hansen Nail Effect Nail Strips (such long names for products these days!) I have 5 different designs and I've tried 3 of them so far. Each time has had a slightly different experience so I thought I'd share the latest one!

1st time: I have a review here

2nd time: I put on a set of sparkly pink with black skulls. I don't know what went wrong but they ended up being nearly as thick and inflexible as acrylics and popped off within a day or so

3rd time...

To start with it was late at night.

Somewhere nearby a man was playing a saxa-uh, no that's the murder scene from Bandwagon. My bad.

It was late though, which was probably a bad idea but I foraged ahead anyway.

I read the instructions (yay me!)

I gathered my tools.

I striped.

Wait, what?

It says STRIPED, people. Geez, like a tiger. Dirty minds ;P 

I followed the instructions, but I still found these to be more difficult to apply than the others. First of all they were a bit thinner and stickier. I had to keep peeling them up to try and reset them. And getting stripes to stay straight is tricky!!

I had some of the strips wrinkle (not cute!) some look like I was drunk applying them (I wasn't) and some thankfully did turn out semi cute.  



Conclusion: They are a pain, but for the 99 cents I spent on them it's still less of a headache then painting the damn stripes on and I like the look.

What do you think of stripes for your nails? Are the strips worth it? Are the stripes worth it? Gah, I'm punny.


No comments:

Post a Comment