Friday, August 24, 2012

Berry Kissed Lippie

This fall I'm embracing a darker eye and a darker berry lip. Not together necessarily - but who knows! I'm looking to try out what I've always been drawn to, but haven't been confident to try.

I've always been nervous with smoky eyes - I've got the technique, but I never liked it on me. My coloring is different; I have blonde hair, brown eyes and a interesting skin tone. I'm medium fair, but I've got a strong golden peach undertones, so I don't fall into "cool" or "warm" tones. Matching colors to me is very difficult!

I play the makeup game a little safely - until this year! I've experimented with bright pink lips, dark eyes, nude lips, etc.

#1 Fall Makeup Desire:
Wine colored lips!

plum lipsWine stained lips..
burgundy lips.
Berry lips



I subscribe to Elle, Vogue and Harpers, so I get them weeks after they actually are released. That being said, I'll start being obessed with something and after I get the magazine find out they've done a spread on it. Which can be irritating cause I love uniqueness but anyway lol Harpers has a vampy lip in their beauty ideas for fall too - so great minds think alike!

Now I just need to obtain the right color. I have a handful of vampier colors, but none are quite right. I have my eye on either Raspberry Pie or Red Velvet Cake by Revlon from the lip butters line (of course!) I know there are some other great companies and lines (ditto of course!) but I'm cheap and I'm not a fan of lipstick, so Butters are my <3

When I got the Clinique Lip Smoothie thingy (I like food inspired things. You may have noticed I have a thing for butter items) I hated it! I was going to get rid of it the first possible chance. Now, it's almost exactly what I'm looking for!


And let this be a lesson - and it's one I've failed many times! I'll look at a item and go "I hate this! I'll never wear it." Toss to the donate pail.

6 months later, a year later. I'm kicking myself over getting rid of that because it's just what I'm looking for! Give things a chance! Put it a aside, give it some time, then if you still cannot stand it, move it on.


Of the vampy colors I do own:




From L-R CO Bigelow Mentha Lipgloss in Berry Shimmer, Covergirl Lipstain in 440, Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie in Goodness Grapecious, Trish McEvoy Lipgloss in Cheers. From Top to Bottom: Covergirl Lipstain in 430, Covergirl Lipstain in 405, Freeze 24/7 Iceslicks in Plumcicle, Covergirl Lipstain in 410.


Bottom Row from L-R: All Covergirl Lipstains. "440", "430", "405", "410"
Flash

Top Row from L-R. Clinique Lip Smoothie "Goodness Grapecious", Trish McEvoy "Cheers", Ice slicks "Plumcicle"  CO Bigelow "Berry Shimmer"
 Far right line: Lancome's Rouge Absolu "Violine"
Natural Light

Sally Hansen's Teeth Brightening Lipgloss 'Radiant", Revlon Lip Butter "Berry Smoothie." Revlon Lip Butter "Cherry Tart."
Flash
Natural 


 *I know the reds aren't vampy, but I'm going for pin-ups (Reds) or Vamp (Plums) this F/W. And some of the browner based colors are too brown on me and layering the red helps it work with my coloring.






No comments:

Post a Comment