Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What's in my purse

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to do a quick "what's in my bag" post and give some suggestions on what to bring with you. With ladies' handbags getting heavier and heavier these days, I have a couple of tips on how to streamline and declutter your handbag.

I have something of a reputation for being both minimal (as little as five items total) while being prepared when it comes to my handbag. Tape measure, anyone?

For my life on any given day I can have two to three bags. A purse, a laptop bag, a tote bag, etc. You can adjust the items to fit your needs; a mother of a infant would need to carry diapers, a single 20-something, hopefully, does not! These are just some general ideas so feel free to mix and mingle and add your own!

For me right now I'm pretty much down to a two bag rotation. I'm working from home at the moment, but I have done and am still a part of the professional circuit (think suits, laptops, and desk lunches) so if you'd like some ideas for a work tailored carry-all, let me know in the comments!




My everyday purse is the Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac. I love it. It's very convenient for me (hands-free), mugging resistant link chain and on the go size meshes perfectly with my no-fuss personality. It's small size is limiting, but personally I like that fact. It could not be any more me truth be told. Plus...fringe!! <3  

What I carry in my purse:

On a day to day basis, like running out the door to run errands I have my:


Brighton Wallet
Sephora Mirror
Nutri-Grain bar
Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Hibisus
Star Wars gummy fruit snacks - two of my favorite things in one! Yes I am an adult.
Rimmel Perfect Match concealer
Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner
Nars lip gloss in Super Orgasm
Ms. Manicure mini emery boards and bobby  pins
Band-Aid
Hair Tie
Not shown - cell phone, pen, car keys and
Personal Protection Item: Mace, knife, gun, personal protection ring, defensive app on your phone, etc. Even a loud whistle! Pick what works for you - but have it!

In my tote bag:

Clinique Makeup Bag
Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer in Midnight Pomegranate
Mini knife/flash light/tape measure + level
Mini screw driver
Lint roller
Kleenex
Band Aids
Mini knife and flash light (you can never be too prepared!)  
Eye drops
Travel sized conditioner
Razor -This seems a bit extreme but I have fair hair and I've been out and about when I've noticed I missed a spot! Not a good look!
Colgate Wisps
Wet Wipe
Travelo perfume atomizer
Both and Body Works travel sized lotion in Daisy Dreamer
Crest toothpaste and tooth brush
Peppermints or gum
Tampon
Aleve/etc
Dove Deodurant
Sunscreen
Headphones
Not shown- First aid kit and some snacks and water - not only is it healthier and less expensive than always buying a quick snack during the day, but for example if you leave in a climate where winters are really bad, having some emergency supplies on hand if your car gets stuck isn't a bad thing!

If I'm spending the day away from the house I'll bring my purse and a tote bag with all my goodies. It can almost double as an overnight bag. I am of the mind set 'always be prepared'. I've been stranded over night unexpectedly many times and my tote bag always comes in handy.

What do you carry with you??? Are you walking around with a twenty pound purse or are you able to get away without one at all? Let me know in the comments!!

Best wishes.

Elisabeth xo <3 xo





3 comments:

  1. I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BLOGGING MORE! It makes me very happy. Also I had to majorly laugh at the personal protection item and you mentioning a knife or gun. I'd be more likely to shoot myself if I carried a gun.

    I usually carry a huge purse that weighs as much as a few bricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means so much to me!! :) And haha, my tote bag is like that too! Skype date soon??

      Delete
    2. Yes, please! What are you doing this weekend??????

      Delete