Sunday, April 22, 2012


Recently I've been lucky enough to come across several once in a life time fashion finds. And my purchases have gotten me thinking that when one buys a statement article of clothing, it tends to be expensive enough that you hem & haw over the purchase and that it inevitably becomes a cornerstone of your wardrobe. 

When you're lusting after that worthy cornerstone piece, remember that A: if it's truly you, you can make it a signature piece and B: if it's amazing enough you can wear it a hundred different ways and still look fresh & original.
 So, allow me to be that little devil on your shoulder. If it won't starve you or force you to lose the roof over your head (in which case tell me to stuff it!) go for it!!
Life is meant to be lived & in the immortal words of Auntie Mame "Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

With this in mind, I put together a spread of how you can take one statement piece and rework it several different ways. FYI I stuck within the same color/style pattern so it could work for different body types/personalities. In the future I'll try the same technique and step a bit farther outside the box.

As of late I've become obsessed with floral. I found some stunning floral print shorts, pants and blazers I worked a few design ideas around. First up, a spectacular pair of Alice + Olivia capris I played around with.

Next up: Stop by tomorrow for some more blooming ideas. Yes that was a terrible pun. I'm not witty until after midnight and I've an hour to go ;)

Let me know which grouping you like best or how you'd pair it! I'd love to know!!

 xoxo,

 Tes

From Top Left: Proenza Schouler PS1, Antropologie, Equipment blouse, Anthropoligie, Prada earrings and lip print purse, Alice + Olivia Floral pants, Shoes: All ZARA and Marc by Marc Jacobs watch.



No comments:

Post a Comment