Friday, July 26, 2013

One Brand Review: Too Faced

Hey Everyone,

Today's one brand review is on the products I have from Too Faced. Overall I like the brand. It was my number one makeup brand for a few years, pretty much when I was just really getting into makeup. As I've explored other companies, it's slipped a little from number one. I still like it and use many of the products I own, however I have not purchased a new item from them in many years.

The company:

I like their principal - they don't test on animals, which I like. As someone how currently has four rescue mutts that I love dearly and volunteers (when I get the chance and not often enough!) at an animal shelter, I do support that.

They also have this adorable girly, cutesy packaging to all their products. It can be a little impractical for travel, etc, but it is really cute.

I have found that while I really like the company, the products - at least the ones I have- don't amaze me when I compare them to others. The lip glosses are cute, but not something I'd repurchase. The eye shadows I have are amazing colors and I love them, however they aren't super pigmented and I cannot get them to last all day on me. The blush and eyeliners are fine, but I have others that do a better job.

The end result:

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing on Too Faced. I probably own more from this one company than any other, but I've found other products that I love more or work just as well for me at a better price. I bought most, if not all, of these items on clearance and I enjoy what I have. I just don't reach for it as often as I'd like.

 = Personal favorites!

The Products:

Galaxy Glam Baked Eye Shadow

 Moon Beam - swirled royal blue, black and white
Amber Asteroid - swirled brown and gold
Deep Space - swirled emerald, black and white

Swatches are shown with both wet and dry application.

Pinch My Petals Blush - Pinky-Mauve with grey undertones. Almost Invisible light gold shimmer


 Shadow Insurance - Invisible


 Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner
 Perfect Storm - grey-black with silver glitter


Glamour to Go II (2) 
These shadows don't seem to have a name so quick rundown:
The bottom shadow on my arm is the upper left shadow in the palette. Sorry I didn't do a better job defining what's what! Below that are the four lip glosses and the last photo is of the blush!
This is what happens when it falls out of your luggage from the top shelve of a closet! Whoops!!


Liquif-Eye Shadow Collection: From Upper Left to Bottom Right:
1/2 Ooh & Aah: Charcoal grey with silver glitter
1/2 Ooh & Aah: Silver Satin
Exclusive: Bright shimmering turquoise 
1/2 Full Frontal: Shimmering bronze
1/2 Boy Toy: Slightly shimmering pink rose
1/2 Steel Magnolias: Shimmering citron green 
Oscar: Slightly shimmering light peach
Exclusive: Moss green with almost invisible shimmer
Exclusive: Bright blue-based purple
Vixen: Shimmering grey with purple tones
1/2 Fantasy Island: Shimmering Mermaid sea foam green 
Exclusive: Matte charcoal black 
 Eye Shadow Duo: 
Sexpresso and Peach Fuzz - sheer peach with lots of gold glitter and matte chocolate brown 

Girls Dig Pearls Lip Gloss:
 Shell - light pink with iridescent, duo-chrome pink, purple and iridescent white shimmer
Mirror Shine Lip Gloss:
 Damn I'm Hot - Sheer red creme gloss


Smoky Eye: From Upper Left to Bottom Right:
Cream: Matte cream color
Fawn: Slightly shimmering taupe
Bronze: Slightly shimmering golden brown
Sugar Cookie: Satin beige
Wicked Green: Slightly shimmering emerald
Midnight: Slightly shimmering navy
Black Suede: Matte black
Black Spark: Charcoal grey with silver shimmer
Silver: Silver satin


Naked Eye:
In the buff - matte cream 
Pillow talk - pale taupe with tiny silver shimmer 
Like a virgin - matte medium brown taupe 
Birthday suit - light beige with silver shimmer
Satin sheets - light pink satin with a duo-chrome gold reflect 
Unmentionables - Charcoal grey with silver glitter 
Pink cheeks - pale pink with white iridescent shimmer 
Lap dance - a darker taupe satin with plummy grey undertones. Very unique. 
Stiletto - matte jet black  




What is your favorite makeup company? What company do you have the most products from? What do you think of Too Faced? Let me know in the comments!!

Best wishes,

Elisabeth <3





No comments:

Post a Comment