Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Revlon Lip Butter: Swatches and Review!

Hey Everyone,

I am as late to the party to review these as anyone ever was, but I love them so much and I've been in the process of rediscovering them so we'll just pretend that I'm not behind the eight ball here. If you envision this party as a Tea Party with me as the Mad Hatter - well you wouldn't be too far off!

I started buying these bad boys last summer like there was no tomorrow. As of now I have eleven of the colors and no plans to buy more unless they release new colors.  The four new summer shades they released weren't thrilling me.
I can honestly say I've never owned so many of one thing before and given how cheap I am about spending money, that should give you some idea of how much I like these!




The product:

It's billed as a lipstick and balm in one, which I find to be in essence true.While sheer, you can build the color on without ever getting 'clown' lips. I personally don't like the super harsh lines and color of a traditional lipstick, so the softer look and feel of this is one I adore. 

They come in a range of colors; there are reds and corals, pinks and nudes, berries and plums and even a few orange or purple bases. As of now there are 24 colors in all.

Depending the sale and where you buy, you can get these from around $6-7.

The packaging is adorable. Sheer, quilted plastic in candy colors. It is a bit cheap and prone to cracks, but I can live with it.

They are comfortable to wear. They aren't as moisturizing as an actual balm, but they aren't drying either. They feel buttery and luxurious to wear on the lips and have a soft sheen that means I pretty much skip lip gloss.

They are easy to apply; even the bolder colors don't require a mirror. 

They don't last forever, but they aren't instantly disappearing. Given how cute they are and how comfy it is to wear them, I don't mind reapplying.

They aren't dupes for the YSL Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy lipsticks, but given the price differential, it's pretty dang close. 

The colors I have:

Creme Brulee -  A white based, beige nude. It's one of the few true nudes I can wear without looking deathly. Micro pearl shimmer.

Sugar Frosting - The photo doesn't do this baby justice. It's a gorgeous light pink with a hint of gray/mauve undertone. Micro pink shimmer. 

Peach Parfait - This was my first and the color is still one of my favorites. A warm, rosy peach with larger gold glitter flecks.

Cupcake - A blue based pink Barbie pink. I don't see a lot of visible glitter, but it's so pink and shiny it looks a little frosty. Personally my least favorite. It's not a flattering color on my skin tone and makes my teeth look yellow. 

Cotton Candy - This is probably in first place or tied for my most worn lip butter. The perfect 'my lips but better' mid toned pink. Glossy and micro light pink shimmer.

Gumdrop - A light lilac creme. I have a hard time wearing the shade, but it's very pretty. It can be sheered out or built up to a fairly potent purple. Similar to several MAC shades such as Viva Glam Nicki 2. 

Sweet Tart -  A bright neon, warm-toned hot pink. I love it. Super flattering shade and definitely one of my most worn. It's a great summer shade!

Cherry Tart - The only true red I have from the Revlon Lip Butters. It's a warm cherry red with micro red shimmer. 

Berry Smoothie - If there was a three way tie for my favorite here - Berry Smoothie would be in it! It's a gorgeous light berry rose color with micro-hot pink shimmer. In the cooler months, I reach for this one all the time. 

Sugar Plum - True to it's name it's a plum color with a slight brown undertone and the glitter in it is so fine, I'm pretty much need a microscope to see it. 

Red Velvet -  The darkest shade I own. A vampy, brick red creme. Great for a wearable dramatic look. If there is any such thing!







No comments:

Post a Comment